Sunday, December 16, 2007

Progress?!?!

I'm starting to feel really optimistic about the environmental turn-around that appears to be taking place within our country. Just one illustrative example: I've been in awe that several of the presidential contenders have given little to no attention to this issue. Despite the choice of many to deny/ignore issues such as global warming, it seems that great headway has been made in the past month alone. Probably many thanks are due to Mr. Al Gore - the Nobel Peace Prize committee apparently thinks so! How nice as well to have the President finally acknowledge that something is going on and that we can do some things to improve our contribution to the situation - go EU!

Of course, we have far to go, but it seems that the process is finally starting! We're finally remembering what we have forgotten for so many generations... that we really are tied to our environment and that we do play a part in the whole chain. The bulk of our progenitors couldn't afford to forget that. We have for a while, but maybe that's ending.

I hope it's not just a fad.

No comments: